Sooner Theatre COVID-19 Safety Precaution Guidelines and Procedures
The Sooner Theatre has monitored the COVID-19 situation throughout each phase of Oklahoma's shut-down and reopening. We will abide by, and operate with, combined guidelines from both The City of Norman and the CDC. Policies listed below will remain as our new normal until our organization is comfortable to move forward. We will keep our staff and patrons advised with our updates and revised plans.
The Sooner Theatre guidelines and protocol for Staff and Students:
ALL STAFF AND STUDENTS ENTERING THE BUILDING:
- Parents will not be allowed in the the theatre or studio buildings at this time, unless they are a volunteer and have signed a waiver.
- The public/parents will not be allowed to use the restrooms or phones at The Sooner Theatre or The Studio of The Sooner Theatre.
- Before entering either the theatre or studio buildings, all participants, directors’, counselors’, volunteers’, campers’ and staff members’ temperature will be taken. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will be asked to go home.
- Masks are mandatory for our patrons/students, staff and volunteers, unless you have a documented medical reason to not wear a mask.
- Sanitation carts will be available by all entrances. Upon entering the building, please use the hand sanitizer.
- Janitorial staff have been and will continue to follow enhanced cleaning scopes that focus on touch points throughout all common areas of the building. These scopes will include the use of cleaners/sanitizers recommended by the CDC.
- All lobbies and common congregation areas will have signs posted reminding public/employees of the importance of social distancing (6ft apart).
- Each participant must have a signed waiver to participate.
- Signage will be placed in restrooms reminding everyone of the importance of washing their hands. All restroom soap dispensers are stocked with the appropriate antibacterial hand soaps.
- Respiratory etiquette will be inforced, including covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue or into the crook of the elbow, along with immediate washing of hands after any cough or sneeze.
- Classrooms are clearly marked for social distancing.
- Employees/campers will be continually monitored for any positive COVID diagnosis. Our policy will be to immediately contact all employees/parents should a positive diagnosis be confirmed.
- Employees/students who have symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, or shortness of breath) should stay home and immediately notify the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The appropriate cleaning measures will be implemented in any affected space(s), should we have a report of a positive test from a camper, staff member, director or volunteer, and camp will be shut down if deemed necessary.
ADDITIONAL STAFF REQUIREMENTS:
- Staff WILL NOT go to their desk/classroom/stage before having their temperature taken.
- Masks are rmandatory inside The Sooner Theatre and Studio of The Sooner Theatre buildings.
- Usage of the refrigerators/vending machine/concessions will be at your own discretion. We recommend bringing a personal cooler or lunch bag and keeping it at your desk.
- Counselors/studio staff will use breaks including lunch to wipe down touch points throughout each classroom as well as doors and props.
- Staff will not use other employees’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment. Communication is necessary.
- Staff, when possible, will continue using virtual communication (i.e., email, zoom, or the phone) instead of face-to-face meetings until further notice.